Slim Thoughts

My thoughts on whatever

Contact address
cm44134 at gmail dot com

blogs I read on a far too regular basis


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, March 20, 2003
 
Another fine piece from Brad Delong on Justice Scalia. If I may copy what I wrote in his comments:

I find controversy about Justice Scalia to be quite interesting. He is just a bowl full of contradictions. The question of abortions and capital punishment only scratches the surface. He decries judicial activism, while actively seeking to transform the United States from the bench. He lectures endlessly on "strict constructionism" and "original intent" while twisting the words and actions of the framers to be whatever he wants. Finally, my personal favorite, he is thought by many, including himself, to be a genius, but he prefers to belittle people with insults and bullying. Didn't Jesus say something about the meek?

IMHO, Justice Scalia doesn't deserve to be on the Supreme Court. If there was any justice in life, he would be teaching social studies at a second rate Catholic school somewhere. Then again, I wouldn't force my worst enemy to sit in his class.



Comments: Post a Comment