Slim Thoughts

My thoughts on whatever

Contact address
cm44134 at gmail dot com

blogs I read on a far too regular basis


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, November 23, 2002
 
I live in Eastern Idaho, the state I lovingly refer to as Republicanland, and so I am constantly asked, "What are you, as a pinko Democrat, going to do for the next two years?" I should mention pinko is the Idaho honorific for anyone who is to the left of Tom DeLay. Since the election I have been trying to keep a stiff upper lip and point out that as a middle class professional in an industry well-supported by a Republican administration, I could survive. The judiciary problem is horrible, but I will grin and bear it. However, the Bush administration couldn't leave me in my dream world. They had to hit me where it really hurts, in the LUNGS. Apparantly my need for clean air is interfering with the profit margin of some old coal-burning power plants. Silly me, I'm sure a little acid rain will etch my car's clear coat and keep it looking fresh and new.

Comments: Post a Comment